The 10th Kingdom-movie review.

 




 Yes, boys and girls. Today I am going to share with you another fascinating movie review that I hope you will enjoy. This review is about one of my all time favorite movies/mini series. What could that be? Sure, it's in the title, my dears. The 10th Kingdom. If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest that you do. Watch it alone, with your friends, with your kids. It is a very beautiful story.
   
We find out about a parallel universe, a beautiful fairy tale realm with fairy tale characters that live within nine kingdoms. The main character, a young waitress named Virginia lives in New York, the tenth kingdom. She knows nothing about this but she finds out soon enough. 

The Evil Queen plans to rule the nine kingdoms but she is trapped in a prison in the forth kingdom that is under the command of Prince Wendell, the grandson of Snow White. 
      
 With the help of the Troll King ( Al Bundy) and his three kids, the Evil Queen manages to escape from prison and capture the prince, her stepson and turns him into a golden retriever while the golden retriever becomes the prince so he can do the queens biding. The dog Wendell manages to escape and goes through a magical mirror that transports him to New York. The Troll King orders his idiotic kids to follow the dog and bring him back. The Queen is skeptical about the ability of the three so she releases a half-wolf called Wolf to retrieve the dog. 
      
 So right from the start we can see that this is a very interesting movie to watch. Who doesn't like fantasy? You can have a marathon with friends and family because if you want to see the whole thing it will take about 7 hours. But it is worth it. So grab that popcorn and start watching it right now.
   
In New York, Manhatan, the beautiful waitress Virginia Lewis and her ditsy father Tony face some problems of their own with the magical visitors and everything. Wolf falls in love with Virginia and Tony gets into a lot of trouble by using six wishes from a magic bean for personal gain that seem to backfire on him. Wendell is able to communicate with Tony by the use of his last wish and he tells him that they must need to travel to the nine kingdoms to break the spell. Tony and Virginia go to the nine realms through the magic mirror.
       
Of course, they eventually lose the magic mirror and they have to search for it so they can go back home. In the process of searching for the mirror they face a lot of challenges and find out shocking truths. But don't let me spoil your fun if you are reading this before watching the movie. 

Because Wolf is so in love with Virginia and the Queen questions his loyalty, she sends the ruthless Huntsman ( Rutger Hauer) to capture the Prince, Virginia and her dad.

Lots of stuff happens. I can't tell you what. You have to see if for yourself. But trust me, you get to see how the characters learn valuable lessons about themselves, they become more responsible and mature. In the end everyone gets what they deserve and we can say that it is a rather happy ending.

I would love a second part to this series because I think there could be lots of stories to tell about how everything turned out but we can only imagine and I guess that is good too.

Now for my favorite part of my nonconformist reviews...the characters.
      
Virginia Lewis is a strong woman. He looks after her father more than he does. She is humble and doesn't believe what is happening to her. She doesn't trust many people and is used to being disappointed ever since her mother left her. She is a loyal friend and tries to save everyone. She realizes how strong she really is after numerous challenges that she is forced to face in the quest of finding the mirror to take her back home. She also finds real love. And that is priceless.

 Wolf. I've talked about him before as being one of my all time favorite characters. His personality fascinated me from the moment I saw him. He is so funny and charming. He has that bad boy attitude and a heart of cold. He is a helpless romantic and like any wolf he wants a mate for life. He falls in love with Virginia and man, do they make a cute couple. 

 Tony Lewis, Virginia's father is so immature and selfish. He really needed this journey of self discovery. He finds out that he does have the potential to be a hero if he chooses to care for others instead of his own interests. I admire his character for the evolution. 
   
Prince Wendell. At the beginning he was a spoiled brat and considered himself superior to all the others but the dog life was good for him so he learned some valuable lessons along the way about what friendship really is and how everyone has a role to play, you cannot split the world into royalty and peasants. Well...actually you can but it's better if you don't and try to acknowledge everyone's part.

The Troll King. I loved this guy because he is Al Bundy ( Ed O'Neill). 'Nough said. Even if his character needs to be merciless and cold and all that he is still funny.

The Evil Queen. Just like any other evil queen she is elegant, she is a real lady and has an aura of sophistication going on for her. She seems cold and mostly she really is but later on we find out her true motives and we kind of feel sorry for her. In the end she was just a victim herself. But I like the way she manipulates everyone to to the jobs for her. A true queen.
   
There are a lot of characters in the movie but I just wanted to talk about the most important ones. And the movie...I give it 10 points out of 10 because I am being subjective. I mean I cannot resist a movie with parallel worlds, magic, adventure, fairy tale characters, love, friendship, sadness. It won my heart over. That is why it's on my top 5 favorite movies that I watched over and over again still enjoying every second. 

Hope you enjoyed this review and that you will watch the movie. Comment, share, love, criticize. I wait for your feedback. 

      Peace, love, light!
      Cory Kay
       


      

Comments

  1. I have seen it many times, at different ages, and the more I understood the message, the more I enjoyed the series :D It is a great mini-serie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes it is <3 I loved it and still love it. Hmmm...I might just watch it right now. I fell in love with Wolf...I admit. I always fall in love with fictional characters :D They are just too cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment, my friends...your opinion matters

Popular posts from this blog

What about the romance?

I like Bleach, man